Tuesday

Dr. Chauncey Crandall

Hey folks. I just finished a fairly long winded presentation on a Dr. Chauncey Crandall squeeze page. Throughout the pitch he must have referred to his "FREE" kit a dozen or more times. So I patiently waited through the pitch and at the end I clicked on the orange button to get my "FREE" newsletters.

What a disappointment when I read the following:

To receive my FREE Kit, I just agree to 'audition' Dr. Crandall's Heart Health Report at the low rate of only $54 for a year — 12 monthly issues (a mere 15 cents a day) so I can discover even more great strategies for my heart health.

I don't like this tactic... here is why.

If you have read my posts before, I have commented that the longer a pitch goes without giving you anything of value the greater the probability that you are going to get hit up for money regardless of the promises. This was no exception. I think it is dishonest. It is better when an online business is upfront with folks!

I think it's dishonest to offer the promise of a free gift, entice your listener to wait through your presentation only to then make it a conditionally free offer. Doesn't that bother you, too?

Here you have to BUY ("audition"-really?) Dr, Crandall's newsletter before you get his "FREE gifts".

[Side note: If you want to cancel and get your money back (then its free, I guess) you will probably have to follow whatever process they require--I can't comment on that because it was not on the page I looked at-see below]

Back on topic.....Does that sound like free to you? "You give me some money...I will give you my "free stuff" (only after I have your money) and if you don't like the stuff....trust me....I will return your money. Honest! " I don't think so.

Business is business--I get that...but I felt Dr. Chauncey Crandall's offer had an altruistic air to it...a' giving-back-to-the-community' feel to it....would make sense.... a doc like this [probably doing well for himself...works at several hospitals...has a good practice and is even reported to be born again] may do that. Nope, not here.

So folks, I walked away. My rule is if I see disingenuous behavior on the front end I will probably see it going forward. Do your due diligence and be careful. To play it safe, never go for a "FREE" offer that requires you first have to give someone a credit card or other payment. Keep this in mind: If you do give them your money and you are not satisfied you will then find yourself in the unenviable position of trying to get them, (those who misled you from the start) to honor their promise of returning your money--good luck. Too many sad stories of that scam to take the chance. IMHO.

Last note. I noticed on the sign up page I was linked to that there was not a link to read more about their terms and conditions or guarantee--red flag. I have no idea what hoops I would have to jump through to get them to return my money. Always look for the details of any guarantee.

I hope this helps. The internet has great information that is truly free....you don't need to pay someone to find that out.